Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Heart 2 Heart Challenge

So very Nauti (cool) is the subject for this week's Heart 2 Heart challenge.  I asked my husband for some of his father's things that he found while sorting through boxes of personal items after his parent's house was sold.  I don't think he knew exactly what I was planning to do with them, but since I turn everything into artwork, he didn't mind handing them over.   At first I was stumped as to what paper to use, but then I did find some scraps of the retired paper pack "Tommy".  Perfect!  




My Father-in-law, Marcel, was born in France and came to the United States with his family at the age of 5.  He was in the US Navy in the mid 40's.  Along with his picture I used his medals and dog tags.  I put the page in a shadow box so we could hang it on the wall.  My husband was so excited over what I made for him honoring his dad.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my wow!!! LOVE this shadow box!!! Thank you so much for linking it up to H2H's Nauti(cool) Challenge...this tribute to your FIL is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've created such a handsome treasure to remember your FIL and his service. The shadow box and your design displays the photo, medals, and tags so well. Thanks for sailing with us @ H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tribute. I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at AHSC! :) Brandi @crzy4scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing tribute to your FIL. I love how it all came together. Thanks for playing along with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a treasure! And a loving tribute, too. Off to find a tissue. :)

    ReplyDelete

My Scrapbook Room

My Scrapbook Room
This is where it all happens